Lawton Copper Product Characteristics
- You can extend our 25-year warranty to 30 years in flame-free systems
- All products controlled by the ISO quality system
- Where required products are covered by Kite & CE marking
- £10,000s invested in regular British Standard audits
- Where needed, we will perform independent certificates (SGS)
The Healthy Option
- There are roughly 50 to 80 milligrams of copper in a healthy human body. Our bodies story most of this copper in our muscles, liver, and brain.
- According to the World Health Organisation, between 1 and 3 milligrams of copper per day is necessary to prevent copper deficiency in adults.
- The Egyptian Smith Papyrus, one of the oldest books known to humanity, is where you can find the first record of copper for medical purposes. Written between 2600 and 2200 BC, it refers to the use of copper in sterilising chest wounds and drinking water.
- Plastic may contribute to odd tastes or smells in the water, may leach chemicals.
- Copper is 100% recyclable — one of the ‘greenest’ of products on a building project.
- The surface of copper is antimicrobial; it can kill bacteria!
Copper Doesn’t Burn
- Burning PVC emits mild hydrochloric acid fumes.
- Copper melts at 1083 degree centigrade and meets all fire safety guidelines with no toxic gases. Copper won’t combust or burn or carry fires through doors or floors
Copper Doesn’t Rust
- Rust occurs when iron or metal alloys that contain iron, such as steel, are exposed to oxygen and water for an extended period.
- Copper tubes are 99.9% pure Copper and contain NO iron that causes rust.
- Copper is deficient in the reactivity series and therefore is highly resistant to corrosion.
- Copper can naturally tarnish over time.
Copper Has a Proven Track Record
- Copper has stood the test of time, if installed correctly can last 100s of years.
- Copper is unaffected by ultraviolet rays and pests.
- Allows you to use copper tubes outdoors.
- Copper tube manufacturers offer 25 years warranty.